Area fire departments to receive grain bin rescue units from AgCountry Farm Credit Services
FARGO, N.D. — Six fire departments in the Red River Valley area will receive grain bin rescue units this fall courtesy of AgCountry Farm Credit Services. AgCountry started its Grain Bin Rescue Program in 2017 to help support rural communities and promote farm safety, and through the program donates a number of grain bin rescue units to area fire departments. Included in the rescue equipment is a 10-panel system, slide hammer and other accessories designed by rescuers specifically for grain bin entrapments.
More than 40 applications were received from fire departments throughout eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota. The departments chosen to receive the units are:
- Cavalier Fire Department, Cavalier, N.D.
- Fordville Fire Protection District, Fordville, N.D.
- Fosston Fire Department, Fosston, Minn.
- Hawley Area Fire Department, Hawley, Minn.
- LaMoure Fire Department, LaMoure, N.D.
- Lisbon Fire Department, Lisbon, N.D.
Selection was based on current department resources, geographic area served and proximity to other grain bin rescue units in the area. The winning departments will receive their units and undergo training on them in September and October.